Today I handed out report cards for the first nine weeks of school. They all made straight A's and I am so proud of all their hard work and patience as we adjusted to new curriculum. We've had to make several adjustments but the boys are still using Trail Guide To Learning: Paths of Exploration as their core curriculum in addition to Easy Grammar and Math-U-See. Hannah is using A Beka for phonics, spelling, reading, language, science and writing. She is also using Math-U-See and loves it! We are using our Awana curriculum for Bible which has allowed them to really learn and understand those truths instead of memorizing their verses just to pass sections.
During our first nine weeks of school we have learned about the explorations of Christopher Columbus and are currently halfway through our unit study on Jamestown. I think my favorite part is watching the kids learn about these moments in history and then creatively expressing that new information through drawings. Here are a few of my favorites:
| by Devin |
| by David |
| by Hannah |
No comments:
Post a Comment