Seven years ago, at 8:50 pm, our youngest son came into this world! He was a healthy 9 lbs 2 oz. I remember struggling with feelings on how I could possibly love a second child the way I loved David William. However, once they placed that precious baby in my arms, I was in love!!! I remember being surprised at how big he was, but then again, I did crave McDonald's big macs and french fries throughout my pregnancy! All of our children are blessings to us, but Devin came into our lives after a devastating miscarriage followed by a year and a half of "trying." We of course, were elated that we were about to have another child!
Devin is our "go-with-the-flow", "happy-go-lucky" kid! He is also the comedian in this household! Boy, can he make us laugh! He is just funny without even trying! Once, I even asked Hannah who the funniest person she knew was and without hesitation, she said "Devin!" Devin is also very kind! Often times I will see him share with others even if it is a sacrifice for him. He rarely thinks of himself and it is common for him to want to spend his money on his brother and sister instead of himself. I'm usually trying to encourage him to purchase something for himself since I know he has worked hard to save up for a special toy! Sometimes, I can get frustrated because I feel like people take advantage of his kindness and I want him to speak up if something is not okay with him. On the other hand, I have to stop and thank the Lord that Devin has learned early on that kindness, although hard at times, is the correct way to respond in any situation.
Thank you Lord for choosing us to be Devin's parents! You have blessed us with this amazing child and we thank you for everyday that we get to be with him! Our prayers for Devin are that he would continue to mature physically and in his love for the Lord! It delights our hearts to hear him speak of the truths he has learned at church or school about our Lord! More than that, we love to watch him live out his faith even as a child!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVIN! WE LOVE YOU!
MOM and DAD

No comments:
Post a Comment