I Thessalonians 5:18
"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:18
Monday, August 15, 2011
Bittersweet Beginnings
Today is the first day of school and with it brings the first day of a new chapter in my life. It is the last time I will be experiencing the first day of kindergarten with one of my children. David William will be entering the 5th grade, Devin will be starting 2nd grade and Hannah will begin kindergarten. Of course, there are mixed emotions in our house about starting another school year. The boys are not happy the summer has come to an end, but Hannah can hardly contain her excitement as she begins this new adventure! Little do any of them know, I am having some mixed emotions myself! I never like it when summer ends because I enjoy having my kiddos home with me. This year, however, I find myself struggling more because, for the first time in 10 years, I will not have a little one home with me! I feel blessed that the Lord allowed me to stay home with our children while they were young. I won't say that every day was a piece of cake during those 10 years, because it wasn't. There were moments along the way when I felt my lot in life was laundry, dishes, runny noses and dirty diapers-only to do it again the very next day!!! But despite those rare moments, I love being a stay-at-home mom! Although I am sad that the time has come to end this chapter in my life, I am excited about the new adventures in the next one! So, I am preparing myself for the tears to spill over as I send my last one off to kindergarten this morning and even cry all the way home! Am I still going to be a stay-at-home mom in this next chapter of my life? You bet! It will just be a little different than before. No they won't be home with me all day, but I will still be available to them whenever they need me! I guess I can look at it this way, I finally get a lunch break and a really long one too!!!
Melissa
Stay-at-home mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment