




So, today was the first day of homeschooling Devin (3rd grade) and Hannah (1st grade.) Before the 2011-2012 school year began, the Lord began to prick my heart about homeschooling our children. I cannot say that I was very eager about homeschooling, but the Lord began to change my heart. I wrestled with who and when we would begin homeschooling. My plan was to wait until next year, but God's plan was for me to start this year. Funny how His plans can be so different from mine! Anyway, I am so overjoyed that God has allowed me the opportunity to teach my children at home! I hardly slept last night because of my anticipation for today! Our first day went better than expected and Devin and Hannah thought is was GREAT! I know there will be days that I think, "Why did I decide to homeschool?" However, I know this is God's plan for our family and He will get us through the bad days too! I will keep you posted on this new adventure! Oh, and some of you may be wondering about David William. Well, he will be finishing up his last year at Calvary Baptist Christian Academy as a sixth grader. They have a 6th grade graduation and he really wanted to graduate with the students he has been with since kindergarten! We felt that was a reasonable request and one we fully support! :)
Glad today went well for you and the kiddos. Your class room looks perfect!
ReplyDelete